psstttt...

Don't expect to find anything too riveting here..Im a mother not a writer:))


Thursday, October 2, 2014

I won the lottery----bucketload of bad luck



             Well lucky me! It seems that I have won the lottery...a dumptruck full of bad luck.
 Have you ever had one of them weeks where you thought it would never end and things couldn't get worse?If you have , then welcome to life as I know it.
              It all seemed to start of a beautiful week . I woke up to the lovely sound of 3yr old twins screaming at 4am...such a lovely and peaceful sound:(.No matter how many times it happens my heart still ends up in my chest as I think the worse has happened.But alas its just them missing me and wanting to crawl in my warm bed and hog the blankets. So I race back to sleep as I know that in the next 45 minutes I have to get up and drive to the pool.....tick tock tick tock..watching the clock so I don't miss the alarm ......I drag them out to the car ,they are so excited as they think its so great to be out in the dark....look at the gas gauge and wonder how I will manage to push the car home with twins laughing all the way.
          The day got calmer and things went on as usual,,breakfast, tea, playtime and of course using the washroom ,which for 3 yr olds is always playtime and them being so independent I have to let them go on their own...they want privacy. I should know better that what they actually want to do is torment me lol. Out he comes with a grin as big as a Cheshire cat..he had done what he set out to do. I go into the washroom, reach for the handle and flush..but a sickening feeling rushes over me as I watch the tissue laden toilet swirl and chug along..did I catch a glimpse of something else? Oh ffs..not again! We just finally replaced the toilet after the last "private" moment...( he had managed to wedge a hair pick deep inside it..).this time it was the most expensive 99 cent travel shampoo.....he was so proud as he told me he threw a blue and white poison down the toilet....I could cry....I couldn't wait for bedtime!!! and its only 9 am.
       The week slowly munched along...the house a mess, the boys doing the normal crying for what they want, their usual  bantering back and forth with the odd eye scratch, hair torn out,legs bruised legs and hurt feelings.The girls have assignments due, swim team practice, work schedules,figuring out volunteer hours and trying to organize myself so I can keep everyone else organized....then out of nowhere comes another boom....a 452.00 cell phone bill....thought I was seeing things once again....not to be the case....( I don't own a cell phone so I don't know much about data useage but I do know that it is almost impossible to do that much damage if the data is turned off)..so the fight began with the cell phone carrier. I pulled out my suit of useless information out of the closet and put on my big girl underwear and prepared for battle. It was one of epic proportion...Im sure they had some egg on their face to clean up and I had to try to lower my blood pressure . My voice was hoarse from yelling explicit abc's at the computer...In the end ..between emails, telephone calls and a visit to one of their offices....it seems to be settled...time to enjoy a nice cup of tea I thought...it only lasted a few hours....until the roof collapsed in.
     A parents nightmare is one where their children have their license..one always wonders if they are ok..until you get that dreaded call...'mom, I was in an accident'
                   Its funny how  life flashes before your eyes in a matter of seconds...Holy fluk a duck! there is no way that this is happening..after all....I had already submitted my hours of front line battle for this week.....I ask if she is ok....she was rear ended:( my poor baby girl..the visions I had I don't want to even say......so that has begun a new chapter of bullshit to deal with..
                  First its the call to the police, the call to the "other" person and hope they are sensible...the travel to get estimates, the uncertainty of legitability of said other person....the calls to the always helpful insurance( they always make you feel like you have done something wrong) ...the visit to the doctor to get checked out and see if your brain is where it is supposed to be ..only to discover that she has a soft tissue injury....here we go.. hope she doesn't end up like me and have to deal with too much  pain, and hassle of trying to feel better...and then the final boom ....the doctor turns turns to me and says  "you don't look well".......

     I look behind me..is he talking to someone else? he better be! My week has already been overbooked for crap.....looks like its more tests for me..my nerves are shot....it cant possibly be anything else wrong with me...I want to tell him my schedule is full for the next 18 years and not to throw anymore bad luck my way ...guess he isn't listening....more tests, more questions to answer,more answers to get......time is ticking fast........don't interfere with my bucket list..after all I have this dumptruck load of bad luck to get through..I don't have time to be sidetracked......
      .I have toilets that need to be replaced, holes in the walls to fill, waterpaint to wash off and gum to scrape off the pillowcases, fights to referee,bitching at homework,scrubbing floors,highschool proms and graduations and , and .......and  ..................good thing they are cute......they are my bucket list!
       

1 comment:

  1. sweety no matter what you are going through you now we are always there for you - as for the two little boys - they love you so much that they do not want you to go anywhere without them - and as for climbing into your bed at night - they know the feeling of love and comfort that you give to them and want it all the time - nobody can comfort them like you can do - after all - you are all they know who is there with them 99% of the time - nanna, gigi, nannie, poppy etc are there but to them it is you and only you that can make them feel the way they want to feel - you are so blessed to have such a love and make such an impression on them that they will take it all though their lives - you make one wonderful mom/gmay that anyone could ever ask for

    ReplyDelete